03 Aug Sobia’s Show – Talking about Passion
Here is a recent interview with a lovely young lady I spoke to over the phone who first was interested in attending my henna workshops. This conversation then turned into a deeper discussion about life and passion, hence, she invited me for an interview with her to discuss the topic ‘Following your Passion’. Click here to watch her many inspiring shows with people from all walks of life. This was my first ever live interview and I had stitches in my mouth from a recent operation at the dentist so I was quite nervous and on painkillers but i think the main message really came across well.
Why should we follow out passion?
- Increased Concentration: You are more likely to concentrate better on something that you are engaged with and enjoy.
- Love what you do: Beng passionate about doing the work that you do means that you’re more likely to feel more motivated to work hard at it.
- Flexible Hours: No more having to do a 9-5 for someone else. Following your passion means you may be able to pick your own hours to work around your personal life. Following your pasion also means, you will want to get up early and sleep late if it means working on thigs that youre interested in.
- Increasing your Specialism: Working on your passion means being able to improve your skills and fine tune them so that you become a special expert in that field.
- Overcoming Obstacles: You will somehow, find more better ways to deal with new obstacles and challenges that come your way as you have a love for what you do. Challenges will not feel so daunting to face and deal with head on.
- Enjoying Life and making the most of time: Somehow, you will find a more enjoyable lifestyle of embracing the skills new experiences you face when following your passion. Life may not feel or look so miserable anymore as you are youre own boss, even if it is a hobby.
- Motivation to improve your main career: If you find the love and passion in a hobby, this can have such positive effects on your career and really restore challenges you face at work, knowing that you can return to your passion, or even use it as a form of therapy in the workplace.
- Open doors for opportunities: Who knows what opportunities will come your way when you tell your friends and family of all the wonderful things you do when following your passion.
- Creativity, Problem Solving and Curiosity: Get your creative juices flowing by having the courage to explore, be curious and problem solve to take more risks and work outside of your comfort zone.
- Developing Confidence and Self-esteem: Nothing beats being able to do something that removes those insecurities and improves your confidence in delivery and self-esteem. Why wouldn’t we want to make ourselves feel good!
- Open Eyes for Inspiration: Passion allows us to open our eyes and to look closer at anything anf everything that will ignite fire and inspire us to make change.
- Sharing Ideas and Thoughts: By following our passion, helps to build relationships with family, friends and work collegues as you start to feel more content and happy in life.
I would love to hear from anyone who has watched this interview to discuss their passions and their journey xxx